Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disorganized ???
07-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Disorganized ???
Questions for accounting and bookkeeping professionals:

1. Do any of you have disorganized clients? Do you follow up with them frequently and provide additional administrative support or simply limit yourself to the financial aspect of the job?

2. Are any of you disorganized yourselves? Which areas do you find the most troublesome (ex: paperwork/filing, bill payment, purchases, time management)?

Thank you all.

CG
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

08-05-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Disorganized ???
Dear Cg can you explain disorganized client?
I am new to the accounting subject and have never heard this term.
08-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Guess I have around one or three small scale clients who don't maintain their records properly and I have been doing the book keeping for them.
08-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Really interesting to see the persons who don't maintain their records properly and I have been doing the book keeping.
I do not think it is better for them. They must have records...
01-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Yes, clients do vary in terms of their organization skills. Those with less organized records do require more time to work with. However, some clients, with guidance on easy organization methods such as simple spreadsheet templates, do improve in their ability to maintain their information better, hence making everyone's work more easy.

Madan CA
http://www.madanca.com

01-24-2015, 08:33 AM
Some of the best practices for clients includes checklists for different topics. This is a great way to direct the clients into gathering and returning to you the cleanest and most organized information.

Otherwise sometimes I have received a stack of receipts with no other documentation. This is quite unruly.