Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Importing of Inventory
10-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Importing of Inventory
Hi there,

I have tried countless times to use Simply's Import feature (I'm running Canada 2012 premium) for inventory records from a file formatted for Simply Accounting. The problem is, whenever I try to import a service record, it will not let me add an associated revenue account.

My test file for import is as follows:

19001,1,Inventory,,,,,
1,Test 1,Service,R,350,350,,41100

I receive the error,

"Import started...

Importing item(s)...

The item 1 Test 1 cannot be added because its associated revenue account is invalid.

Importing Summary:

Import item(s) completed."

When I go to my chart of accounts, account 41100 is set up as a Group account (also tried Subgroup)- Class is revenue (I also tried operating revenue).

Any help would be much appreciated - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Note that I've also tried changing 'Service' to 'Activity', putting an inventory account number in between the preferred price and the revenue account number, as well as changing the revenue account number position to right after the preferred price number.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

10-25-2013, 06:22 AM
RE: Importing of Inventory
(10-01-2012 02:13 PM)JacobA Wrote:  Hi there,

I have tried countless times to use Simply's Import feature (I'm running Canada 2012 premium) for inventory records from a file formatted for Simply Accounting. The problem is, whenever I try to import a service record, it will not let me add an associated revenue account.

My test file for import is as follows:

19001,1,Inventory,,,,,
1,Test 1,Service,R,350,350,,41100

I receive the error,

"Import started...

Importing item(s)...

The item 1 Test 1 cannot be added because its associated revenue account is invalid.

Importing Summary:

Import item(s) completed."

When I go to my chart of accounts, account 41100 is set up as a Group account (also tried Subgroup)- Class is revenue (I also tried operating revenue).

Any help would be much appreciated - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Note that I've also tried changing 'Service' to 'Activity', putting an inventory account number in between the preferred price and the revenue account number, as well as changing the revenue account number position to right after the preferred price number.

Hi JacobA,
If you are adding Service item, no need to give any account. The following file i tested and worked:

19001,1,Inventory,,,,
1,Test 1,Service,R,350,350,0,0,,,

Import started...
Importing item(s)...
The item 1 Test 1 has been successfully added.

Importing Summary:
Import item(s) completed.

Thanks,
Akhtar24
akhtar@businnovatech.com
01-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Your method of explaining the whole thing in this post is in fact pleasant, every one be capable of effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

Live In Care Worker Jobs
03-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Wow! It’s a nice jQuery script; I was also seeking for that, thus i got it right now from at this time. Keep it up admin of this site.

I like to study abroad Madrid.
04-01-2014, 08:23 AM
inventory items from MYOB AccountRight or BusinessBasics software. You can also import data from other sources, provided it's in the right format. For information on preparing your data for importing.

Commercial Coffee Machines for a diet health.

04-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Importing of a inventory is too much expensive for you. You need to buy it from your country in cheap price.