Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE - tax question
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
HELP PLEASE - tax question
I claimed my little girl last year under single so I get the child tax benefit.
This year, her father would like to claim her because he would get over 2000 dollars more if he does.

If he claims without her - $362
If he claims with her - $2822

BUT if he claims her, I lose the child tax benefit, right?
He said he would give me half of his return if I let him but I can't lose out on NOT getting the child tax benefit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

02-25-2012, 04:09 AM
RE: HELP PLEASE - tax question
If the father claims the child tax benefit, then you lose your child tax benefit.

To claim the Canada Child Tax Benefit, you must be the person mainly responsible for the care and upbringing of the child and you must live with the child. If you and your spouse share joint custody, the benefit goes to the child’s primary caretaker. In cases where parents share time equally, they can opt to share the benefit.

You have every right to claim and keep the child tax benefit.
01-23-2014, 04:40 AM
For any visitors not aware of the Canada Child Tax Benefit offered or if wish to learn more, please visit the CRA website at http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html . This benefit is excellent as it is tax-free, i.e. it is not required to be reported as income on your personal tax return unlike the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) which is taxable.

Regards,
Madan CA
http://www.madanca.com
02-03-2014, 03:42 PM
If you want to improve your knowledge only keep visiting this website and be updated with the most recent news update posted here.
03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
I am truly grateful to the holder of this site who has shared this great piece of writing at at this time.

I like to study abroad Madrid.

04-01-2014, 08:26 AM
If you've looked around our site, including the above references, and still didn't find the answer to your general tax question, please call our toll-free tax assistance line at 800-829-1040 for individual tax questions or 800-829-4933 for business tax questions.

Commercial Coffee Machines for a diet health.