Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get latest update on previous Simply Accounting versions
03-05-2011, 08:19 AM
How to get latest update on previous Simply Accounting versions
I bought a new computer and reinstalled Simply 2009 with my original installation disks I purchased for Simply Accounting 2009 but my data file used a later version of Simply 2009. Now I cannot have access to my files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

03-08-2011, 06:03 AM
RE: How to get latest update on previous Simply Accounting versions
Simply Accounting has a site where you can have access to the different updates according to your version.

http://www.simplyaccounting.com/supportT...l_updates/
03-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I was able to find the update and followed the download instruction. Now I have a new problem.
My computer seem to only recognize my disk installation, e.g. Version 2009 release A. Even though I downloaded Release E, I can only run it after my download (which I saved to the Simply folder according to the instructions). Whenever I restart my computer, it reverts back to Release A again. What am I doing wrong?
05-20-2011, 06:43 AM
(03-09-2011 08:31 AM)openid Wrote:  Thanks, I was able to find the update and followed the download instruction. Now I have a new problem.
My computer seem to only recognize my disk installation, e.g. Version 2009 release A. Even though I downloaded Release E, I can only run it after my download (which I saved to the Simply folder according to the instructions). Whenever I restart my computer, it reverts back to Release A again. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same experience. I think you had the same problem as I had. What happened was there were two versions of Simply installed, and the computer remembered the previous path. You need to make sure that you are using the new version that you uploaded.
08-08-2011, 08:21 PM
This is the very easy. Sage Simply Accounting periodically provides product updates to improve or expand upon an existing feature in the program. I did download the product update for Simply Pro 2007. It ran no problem and at the end of the installation it asks if I want to open simply. I selected yes and when it loads it indicates it is release G that is opening.

11-19-2011, 05:06 AM
My computer seems to only recognize my disk to install, for example: Although I downloaded the electronic version released in 2009 introduced A., I can only run after I download (I saved a simple folder, according to the instructions). Whenever I restart my computer, it reverts back to the re-release. What am I doing wrong?
05-01-2013, 06:52 PM
One thing whenever you start download and install a sofware. You uninstall the old one. Then install the new one and restart the computer. After that eberything can be back as normal.
07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Website of Simply accounting can be helpful in getting latest updates on new versions. try that, hope it would work.
12-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi there to every body, it’s my first go to see of this web site; this weblog consists of awesome and in fact good stuff for visitors.

01-23-2014, 04:34 AM
For everyone's convenience, please see the website link for Simply Accounting - http://na.sage.com/sage-50-accounting-ca .
All information should be on the website. If not, give a quick call at 866-996-7243 (SAGE).

Regards,
Madan CA
http://www.madanca.com