Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HST set up on Simply
11-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Wink HST set up on Simply
I have a client running Simply 2009 Enterprise version of Sage. They added an HST tax code under Settings as of July 1, 2010. Just last week, when I was doing their HST filing, I found that there was very little HST input tax credits, or HST paid on purchases. When I reviewed the purchase invoice, I can see the taxes itemized but when I went to the journal entry report, I do not see the HST reflected.

Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply

11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
RE: HST set up on Simply
This has to do with your sales tax setup. Go to tax code and make sure that for your tax code, you indicate that the HST is refundable. Then Simply will calculate the HST portion of the amount paid. See illustration attached.
HST Tax code setup on Simply Accounting

Find all posts by this user
12-30-2010, 04:59 AM
There is even a payroll processing software program and it is available in English or French. What is new is the Simply Accounting HR Version.
01-04-2011, 02:51 PM
(12-30-2010 04:59 AM)rachard1583 Wrote:  There is even a payroll processing software program and it is available in English or French. What is new is the Simply Accounting HR Version.

Hmmm. I just checked out Simply Accounting HR Manager. It is pretty neat. It includes ability to track employee absences, evaluate performance..... a free trial is available online. I will have to check it out one of these days.
01-19-2011, 08:36 PM
(12-30-2010 04:59 AM)rachard1583 Wrote:  There is even a payroll processing software program and it is available in English or French. What is new is the Simply Accounting HR Version.

It is good to use a payroll system to reduce common errors. There are lots of payroll systems available in English and some other languages. You just need to exert extra effort to look for one.

02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Quick Books , is a useful tool for new users. It is also a system that is able to have 3-5 simultaneous users.

Bookkeeper Melbourne
02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
The new HST could negatively impact the market as a whole but the segment most likely to be bear the brunt of this new tax is the first-time home buyers. The additional costs may very well price a number of them right out of the market.

Bookkeeper Melbourne
05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Tax changes for any business can be a daunting task. Simply Accounting by Sage can ease this cumbersome process to help you make your business transition smoothly1. The HST wizard converts your tax codes and adjusts your customer and vendor records in just a few steps
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM
This setup is simply installed. No additional things are required for this purpose.

06-24-2014, 05:09 AM
Thank you for good communication.

dubli