Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Software for non profit organization
06-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Software for non profit organization
I volunteer for non profit organization. We use Simply Accounting, but this software is not adapted for NPO. When we selected the canvas for NPO, the financial statements structure is the structure for profit organization, but with different names for the items... Do you know any software adapted for NPO in a canadian context (deferral method vs restricted fund method)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

06-28-2011, 08:38 AM
RE: Software for non profit organization
Simply Accounting has a dedicated software for use with fund accounting. You can try out a demo copy. http://www.sagenonprofit.com/SageFundAcc...g/Products

Otherwise, accountants have used the regular simply accounting versions for non-profit organizations by setting up appropriate chart of accounts.

One way is to use departments for the different funds, and you have the option to show the different departments (funds) itemized in a combined balance sheet.

Another way is to set up projects and allocate each fund as a project with its own revenues and expenses, allocate to these as you get the receipts and invoices. You can produce a regular balance sheet and support the totals on the balance sheet using a project report that shows each project and the corresponding revenues and expenses.
06-28-2011, 08:47 AM
I gather you are doing the set up for this non-profit organization. The set up provided by Simply Accounting not-for-profit model is not suitable for charitable organization requiring fund accounting, but you can revise the chart of accounts. Here is a link to a sample chart of accounts for non-profit organizations.
http://www.northlandfdn.org/Convening/ke...counts.pdf
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you for sharing such information for all of us..
Its really helpful to me...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2012, 05:08 AM
ok, I was also finding like this software so thank you very much to share with us.

business coaching training

02-03-2017, 01:58 AM
One more great accounting system could be mentioned here - EasyERP. It`s completely free, cloud based and besides accounting features it also has decent CRM and ERP ecosystem. Plus it is open-source, so customization possibilities in EasyERP are more then wide.