Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restoring In Simply Accounting 2005
11-22-2014, 02:23 AM
Restoring In Simply Accounting 2005
I run this software for a private client on an XP laptop. I also used to run it on a corporate Toshiba running Vista. Both systems work fine for the company already loaded. However, the XP machine is getting old (as am I), and I backed up the client files so that I can transfer them to the newer laptop. I insert the flashdrive in the Toshiba (Satellite running Vista) and hit the restore button in Simply. It leads me through the process asking where I want to instal the data then it flashes through something real fast and back to the start up menu. When I select to run an existing company, it only offers the one that was already set up on the Toshiba. When I check the data directory, there is no file for the "new" restored client. I have tried this several times with the same result. I am no neophyte when it comes to computers, so maybe I am missing a step in the Simply Accounting backup and restore procedures. Please help, as I need to back up my client files one way or another due to my advancing years.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply