Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Quickbooks Versus Simply Accounting
12-22-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Quickbooks Versus Simply Accounting
I teach both Quickbooks and Simply Accounting (current versions on each QB 2011, Simply 2012) to adult students in a career college.

I have decided over time to teach Simply first. I begin with a very simple company so with the setup options can start students with a less complicated menu and then build. Quickbooks has a more overwhelming screen for the novice user.

I also like the reporting better in Simply, the Report centre will explain why you would run a report nicely.

Quickbooks does not require that you display account numbers, and I find in general does not support my instruction of accounting concepts as tightly as does Simply.

I do however like the form based approach of Quickbooks for someone doing accounting without formal training. I also find that students catch on to the Quickbooks method of bank reconciliation faster than doing it in Simply.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

12-28-2012, 03:48 AM
I find Quickbooks is a good starter program to start. As a business gets more complicated with more than one users, Simply is more flexible. Eventually a growing business needs someone who understands bookkeeping and accounting and Simply works better.

Quickbooks is coming up with more and more enhancements and this may change later.
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
As an accountant, I prefer Quickbooks. It is the best way of maintaining detailed accounts.

http://www.just4baby.co.uk
06-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Simply Accounting is a little difficult to set up, but once you get going, the reporting function is very tidy, and easy to use. I love Simply now also called SAGE. (I do not work for Sage)
08-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I prefer Simply Accounting than Quickbook as you need more time to get used to Quickbook and have to be well educated about the system to have a smooth move..

10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
For a one person company where the owner operator also does the bookkeeping, Quickbooks can be very handy and easy to use. However, as soon as you have employees, I would recommend using Simply.
12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I have found Quickbooks to be simpler and quicker to use in comparison to Simply Accounting.

Regards,
Madan CA
http://www.madanca.com
02-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Quickbooks has made a lot of improvements over the last three years and has gained many new fans.
08-22-2016, 06:19 PM
If your a novice and dont know much about bookkeeping or accounting, QuickBooks is probably your best choice. Simply Accounting Pro has all of the features of QuickBooks but without the free telephone set-up support. The program allows me to create customized reports and manage currencies.

Drake host, Atx hosting, Quickbooks Hosting

11-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Quickbooks is very intuitive.The learning curve is a bit steeper, but it can do more. The most important feature is the audit trail. For companies with employees, Simply Accounting allows better control because any changes to entries is documented.

QuickBooks Hosting, Lacerte Hosting, Cloud act