Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Quickbooks Versus Simply Accounting
09-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Quickbooks Versus Simply Accounting
Join the ever going debate as to whether Simply Accounting or Quickbooks is better. Everyone has an opinion. Let's hear them. Share us your stories.AngelAngelAngelSmileSmileSmileRolleyesShy

Accounting Troubleshooter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

09-10-2010, 04:56 AM
RE: Quickbooks Versus Simply Accounting
As an accountant, I prefer Simply Accounting over Quickbooks. The learning curve is a bit steeper, but it can do more. The most important feature is the audit trail. For companies with employees, SimplyAccounting allows better control because any changes to entries is documented. With Quickbooks, any changes just happen in realtime like WHOOOF!!! If by accident, you type in the wrong date, you won't even know where it went! Of course, you can find out by digging deeper, but for some inexperienced, this can be annoying and time consuming. I'll be glad to hear what others have to say.
09-11-2010, 05:42 AM
For a one person company where the owner operator also does the bookkeeping, Quickbooks can be very handy and easy to use. However, as soon as you have employees, I would recommend using Simply.
09-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Quickbooks is very intuitive. It operates like a cheque register. I highly recommend that a user take a quick crash course on its capabilities. It can save a lot of trouble in the long run.
10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
RE: Different versions of Quickbooks
You cannot make a straight comparison between Quickbooks and Simply Accounting because there are different products for different purposes, different businesses and different levels of users.

One advantage is that there are free trial versions available for download which lets you test drive the software. As an accountant, or accounting troubleshooter, it pays to test drive the different products.

12-30-2010, 05:01 AM
Live community is a resource to help with questions about Quick Books and is a useful tool for new users. It is also a system that is able to have 3-5 simultaneous users.
06-16-2011, 09:20 AM
I have a new client and after spending so much time explaining why I prefer Simply Accounting over Quickbooks because of its robustness, the client still chose to use Quickbooks. I have to admit, that the learning curve for the layperson is much easier.
12-15-2011, 02:19 AM
As an accountant, I prefer simple QuickBooks accounting. Learning curve a bit steep, but it can do more. The most important feature is the audit trail. For businesses with employees, SimplyAccounting can better control, because any changes to the entry record. With the Quickbooks, any change, just like in WHOOOF real-time! If by accident, you type in the wrong date, you will not even know where it went! Of course, you can find digging deeper, but for some lack of experience, which can be annoying, time-consuming. I will be very glad to hear what they say.
01-11-2012, 04:13 AM
I prefer quick books for my business. I recently started a Minneapolis electrician company and this is what works best. I researched for a long time and think this is what is best for my company.

02-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Simply Accounting comes from the Richmond, B.C., offices of U.K.-owned Sage Software; QuickBook’s Canadian adaptation is developed in Edmonton for Intuit Canada. Anniversary offers articles alignment from a bargain adaptation aimed at home-based businesses up to an “enterprise” adaptation – alleged because neither is aimed at the Fortune 500 enterprises, but rather at growing mid-sized businesses.

Simply Accounting claims to be “the No. 1 best of accountants and baby business in Canada,” while Intuit says QuickBooks is “the No. 1 accounting software amalgamation in Canada.”

In their 2009 versions, anniversary has invested abundant ability in reorganizing interface, aeronautics and seek accoutrement to advice users get up to acceleration quickly.

Both action chargeless downloadable “starter” versions for new home-based businesses, and anniversary can now be hosted on Windows and Linux servers.

Simply Accounting versions cover aboriginal footfall accurate (free), aboriginal footfall ($49), able ($149), exceptional ($299) – both able and exceptional are accessible with amount capabilities for an added allegation – and action ($1,249 for 5 users; aswell accessible in a 10-user version).

As well, an accountant’s copy can be acclimated calm with any of the others. The aggregation boasts that its articles can actualize forms in English and French.

QuickBooks analogously offers a chargeless EasyStart version, moves up to a $99 version, through able ($199) and exceptional ($499) versions (with or after payroll) and on up to the (new this year) subscription-based action version, which is aimed at businesses or departments with 30 to 50 employees.

Each claims to accept bankrupt up the alpha or home screens. Simply Accounting promises that all home awning appearance can be accessed with no scrolling; QuickBooks addendum that it has bargain 5 altered navigators in endure year’s adaptation to a individual home page this time around.

Overall, QuickBooks claims to accept confused from 126 screens endure year to 28 in the accepted versions. Simply Accounting promises that in all its versions forms such as invoices can now be achievement in PDF format, authoritative it simple to forward them as e-mail attachments.

In payroll-equipped versions, absolute drop stubs can aswell be e-mailed as attachments. Simply Accounting users can use Sage transaction solutions to automate acclaim agenda processing. An adapted acquirements centre uses frequently adapted online advice and videos.

Simply Accounting promises it is easier than anytime to add and administer customer, bell-ringer and agent advice and to drift from QuickBooks 2006 or 2007.

The action copy supports more circuitous operations and can be configured so that altered users can admission altered sets of aggregation advice and reports.

QuickBooks now integrates with Google desktop, acceptance users to calmly seek for barter or invoices. The new QuickBooks versions can now be installed alongside earlier versions, which gives companies easier admission to earlier data.

accounting edmonton